Installing WP Quick Charts
Get your new charts plugin installed and ready to use quickly.
- Locate wp-quick-charts.zip on your local hard drive.
- Login to your self hosted WordPress site and go to: Plugins –> Add New
- At the top of the page click “Upload Plugin”
- Then click “Choose File” and navigate to the location in step 1 and choose the “wp-quick-charts.zip“
- Next Click “Install Now”
- Next click the blue “Activate Plugin” button.
- You should now have a menu item at the bottom left of your screen, near “Settings” entitled “WP Quick Charts”
Adding Your First Chart
In our example we’ll use types of fruits consumed by a fictional class of students.
- From the new menu go to: WP Quick Charts –> Chart List
- Select the chart type from the dropdown: Bar, Bubble, Doughnut, Horizontal Bar, Line, Pie, Polar Area, Radar.
- Click the blue “Add Chart” button.
- From here you can add your chart data and begin customizing the look and feel of the cart, labels, colors, etc.
- Required fields include:
- Chart Name (non-Public) – This is the internal name of the chart which will show up on the Charts List page for editing, exporting or removal after it has been saved. The public name for the chart can be added in the Title tab pf the main chart settings.
- Chart Data Label(s) (CSV, Comma Separated Values) – These are the labels that correspond to the individual datapoints such as: “Bananas, Grapes, Apples,…etc.” Data labels should match the number of Datapoint values, so if you have 5 fruits listed, there should be a corresponding datapoint value for each fruit type.
- Dataset Label – This is the label or description of the datapoints such as: “Fruits eaten by students in January”
- Datapoints – These are the actual datapoints that will appear on the chart such as: “4, 11, 9,… etc.” Datapoint values should match the number of Chart Data Labels, so if you have 5 fruits listed, there should be a corresponding datapoint value for each fruit type.
[ wqc_chart id="1" ], copy this shortcode and past it into the post or page you want to display the chart on.